Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:29:20 +0200
From:      Mark Evenson <mark.evenson@gmx.at>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: evolution-2.6.2/evolution-exchange-2.6.2 seems to be borked

martinko wrote:
> Mark Evenson wrote:
>> After a cvsup and portupgrade dance yesterday on FREEBSD_6_1,
>> evolution-2.6.2 is reproducibly hanging in communication with Exchange.

[...]
> the same is happening here too. which forced me to stop using evolution
> at all. :-( i haven't noticed when it broke though.

I filed a bug with freebsd-ports:

but unfortunately the maintainer (Marcus) cannot reproduce the problem
with his version of Exchange. So he closed this bug with FreeBSD.
Marcus asked that I file a bug with the GNOME community, but I haven't
had the time to understand where/how to file appropriately.

Since I  can only reproduce the problem against my corporate Exchange
instance, I think we still need a widely reproducibly test case.  It is
not really clear that matinko and I have the same cause here.

>> What's the best way to build ports with debugging symbols?

[Answering my own question]

	/usr/ports/mail/evolution$ make CFLAGS="-g" STRIP=" " install

did the trick.

With a little bit of gdb attaching, this bug smells like a thread
deadlocking problem.  I haven't had enough time to check much into this
further, but am ready to follow instructions if I can get more
information into someone else's hands.

--
<Mark.Evenson@gmx.at>

"[T]his is not a disentanglement from, but a progressive knotting into."