Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2000 14:19:50 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Robert Eckardt <Robert.Eckardt@aranea.de>
Cc:        isdn@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: isdnd with PPP

> Hello,
[.....]
> The other problem is that using user-ppp for the cbcp doesn't work either.
> ppp.log tells me everything is fine (dial, carrier, login, lcp), it sends some
> SendConfigReq, but never receives a reply.
> It's no wonder that it receives no reply, as isdnd never dials out!
> (isdntrace shows nothing)
>
> What is the correct way to debug the communication between ppp, the kernel
> (/dev/i4brbch0) and isdnd ?

Check your ppp log to ensure that ppp is i4b enabled - you should see
a line in ppp.log identifying the i4b version number when the device is
opened.

If it is, you'll need to check the isdnd logs, if it isn't you'll
need to rebuild ppp.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>