Date:      Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:16:57 -0500
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <bmcgover@cisco.com>
To:        freebsd-qa@freebsd.org
Subject:   NIS problems with RC3?

Is anyone else using NIS with RC3? I'm trying to use it at work with
ypbind -ypsetme, and ypset to the local NIS server. When its ypset, it claims
that the domain is "OK", then immediately comes back and says that its lost
communication with the server. Another ypset immediately rebinds it, but then
it drops right away again.

At home, I'm having it find the server by broadcast, and that seems to
be working.

	-Brian