Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:49:40 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Tom Samplonius <tom@uniserve.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LIP destroyed xxx active commands

Tom Samplonius wrote:

> Eric,
>
>   It seems that isp0 is connected to a loop topology network (as opposed
> to a point to point, or fabric), and something keeps initializing the
> loop by sending a LIP command.
>
>   Are you plugging or unplugging things into the loop all of the time?
> Or are you loop part on a switch, and someone else is plugging or
> unplugging things from the fabric?  If you are going straight into a
> switch, it might be better to change the port to a fabric port instead.

This host has it's isp device directly connected to a fiber channel
array.  The array is not disappearing, or being rebooted, nor is there
any other machine rebooting or resetting.   I see these same errors on
another box that has 3 arrays connected to a qlogic switch.  I seem to
only see these when the machine is heavily accessing the disks.

Eric