Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 1995 06:08:17 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au (Stephen Hocking)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: To ALL that are running current!!!

> Further to my previous message - I just rebooted the machine for other reasons
> and find that I'm once again getting those damned sig 11s. The sig 8 still
> occur from time to time. It seems random, although in either case, if you
> start a program  and it cores, then it will continue to do so on each instance
> until you do something that peturbs the system sufficiently (eg restart X by
> logging out and pressing CTRL-ALT-BS).
>
> 	Stephen
>
>         I do not speak for the Worker's Compensation Board of Queensland -
>                      They don't pay me enough for that!

I am also experiencing something like that. I have a 486DX2/66 with 20M RAM
and lots of disk space and on that machine everything seems ok. But my
other machine is a 386DX25 with 4M RAM and it is booting diskless from the
first one. It does have 25M local swap. They are both running the last
ctm-cvs before freefall was upgraded.

The diskless machine gets sig 11s when it boots. The first time almost all
daemons (inetd, cron, syslogd, ...) and rm, kvm_mkdb and dev_mkdb gave
a sig 11. I then logged in and rebooted and only rm and date did a core
dump. I can then work and everything seems ok. (I haven't pushed it very
hard, I only use it to test a device driver)

Seems strange. :-

--
John Hay -- jhay@mikom.csir.co.za