Date:      Tue, 26 Jun 2012 18:27:05 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-2?Q?Edward_Tomasz_Napiera=B3a?= <trasz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   GEOM provider resizing.

Hello.  At http://people.freebsd.org/~trasz/geom-resize.diff you will find
a patch that implements GEOM resizing.  This includes:

1. New class method, resize(), called after mediasize gets updated,

2. New routine, g_resize_provider(), to use by class owning the provider
   to notify others that the provider size has changed,

3. New routine, disk_resize(), to use by disk drivers to notify others
   that the disk got resized,

4. Changes to geom_nop and geom_mountver to demonstrate how to implement
   resizing,

5. Change to da(4) driver to notify GEOM when a LUN changes size,

6. Change to geom_part(4) to handle resizing and to be able to use
   "gpart resize" for mounted partitions, and

7. Various fixes neccessary for this to work.

Review and testing is welcome.  Thanks to FreeBSD Foundation for sponsoring
this.

--
If you cut off my head, what would I say?  Me and my head, or me and my body?