Date:      Mon, 9 Nov 1998 21:30:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        ken@plutotech.com
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, nisha@cs.berkeley.edu
Subject:   Re: turning off tagged queuing with CAM?

 * From: "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>

 * Satoshi Asami wrote...
 * > Hi Justin and Ken (and others :),
 * >
 * > Is it possible to turn off tagged queuing with the current version of
 * > CAM?  There used to be an AHC_TAGENABLE variable but it seems to have
 * > gone away.  I looked at the mode pages but couldn't find anything
 * > suspicious.
 * >
 * > Here's one of the systems:
 * [ ... ]
 *
 * You can do a couple of things:
 *
 *  - put a quirk entry in cam_xpt.c and set the minimum and maximum tag
 *    counts to 0.  (there are a couple of examples for that)

I see.

 *  - edit mode page 10 (0x0a) and set the DQue bit to 1.

Mode page 10!  Didn't know there were that many.  I got an error at
page 5 and 6 and thought that was it. ;)

 * Either one of those will do what you want.
 *
 * I guess you must have a firmware problem that makes you want to disable
 * tagged queueing?

Actually no, we just want to see how much effect it has on
performance.  Being able to turning it off on a per-disk basis would
be very nice.  Thanks.

 * Ken
 * --
 * Kenneth Merry