Date:      Mon, 4 Feb 2002 10:29:50 +0100
From:      "Reto Trachsel (NetModule)" <reto.trachsel@netmodule.com>
To:        "'net@freebsd.org'" <net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Who's the maintainer of inet?

Hi All

I solved the problem with the ICMP Redirect in the Source file an recompiled
the Kernel. All works fine now. I think, it would be a possibility to put
this option into the FreeBSD Sources, or as an option in the sysctl?

ICMP Redirect is a simple way to relieve a *BSD Router. Why we put all
traffic thought the router to the default route? With a ICMP Redirect the
Router only have to send one Packet to the client, and all future traffic an
go directly to the Routers default-route on the same network.

Please send me your comment to this topic! Tnx for discuss.

Regards
	Reto Trachsel