Date:      Sun, 16 May 2010 00:32:56 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
Subject:   Re: graphics/libchamplain build failure (libpng.so.5 not found)

On 5/15/2010 11:25 PM, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov wrote:

> I'm just followed gnome update procedure and then portmaster -af.

I seriously do not recommend that people do this. In very simple
situations it _can_ work, but the problems outweigh the benefits most of
the time. The situation you're describing (where old installed versions
of libraries you want to upgrade are linked against the wrong stuff) is
an excellent case of why it's a bad idea.

The preferred method is described in the man page, under the section for
major version upgrades.

hth,

Doug

			-- Propellerheads