Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 1999 13:13:43 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        johpe159@student.liu.se
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: device name ?

If I may be so bold as to clarify a couple things.

The reason specifically that you would mount /dev/acd0c or /dev/acd0a, etc..
the trailing letter refers to the partition entry in the disk's partition
table.  "c" is a special partition that just refers to the whole drive.
Almost always with a cdrom, there is only 1 partition so you can just mount
/dev/acd0c.

Since you underlined the /mnt portion of the command, maybe you needed some
clarification to that.  That is the "mount point" which is basically a
directory where the drive is to be mounted to.  If you are using both
cdrom's you can't use /mnt for both.  You would want to make a new directory
such as /cdrom or /cdrom1 or something like that, and mount the new cdrom to
that directory.

Hope this helps.
-Chris