Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:44:36 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        rb@gid.co.uk
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3Com Airconnect - new variant?

In message: <4.3.2.7.2.20020723164234.0204ff78@gid.co.uk>
            Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk> writes:
: Hi,
:
: At 16:38 23/7/02, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: >In message: <4.3.2.7.2.20020723125446.02055300@gid.co.uk>
: >             Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk> writes:
: >: Which leaves the question: why isn't the Airconnect being detected (at all)
: >: without the hack?
: >
: >I have one passive backplane system that isn't up to the latest PCI
: >specs.  It refuses to even notice certain cards, including cardbus
: >bridges (which is most annoying because that's why I'd gotten the
: >goofy thing).
:
: Hmm. This m/b isn't all that antique. WHen I get next to the machine this
: eve I'll try a verbose boot and maybe a printf or two. FWIW, the card shows
: up under pciconf -lv (output follows).
:
: none2@pci0:11:0:        class=0x028000 card=0x777010b7 chip=0x777010b7
: rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
:      vendor   = '3COM Corp, Networking Division'
:      class    = network

Maybe this is the droid that you are looking for :-)

Warner