Date:      Sat, 9 Jun 2012 08:51:20 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Firefox and firefox-remote options issues

After upgrading a system from 8 to 9 I am reinstalling all ports.
Unfortunately, neither www/firefox nor www/firefox-remote is handling
options correctly. I'm just guessing that it is related to optionsng.

The options dialog always comes up with the default options showing.
If I modify these, they are not being stored and the port seems to
build without the selected options. Worse, when I used portmaster to
install firefox-remote, I was queried for options at the start and
again before the install and then the install failed because the build
had not built the option I specified. I have never seen this sort of
behavior and it appears to be only these two ports. Neither has
converted to optionsng.

The re-install of all ports will be running for a while as there are
about 700 ports still to be installed, but after it finishes I will
try to figure out what is going wrong, but I'll have to admit that my
make experience is fairly basic.

Any idea why these two ports seem to be failing to process options correctly?
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com