Date:      Mon, 24 May 1999 08:13:57 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, dima@tejblum.dnttm.rssi.ru, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: calcru and upages

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <199905230245.MAA13333@godzilla.zeta.org.au>, Bruce Evans writes:
> >>calcru() access p_stats, which is in upages. Therefore, as I understand,
> >>it should not be called on a swapped out process. Neither calcru() nor
> >
> >Does anyone object to moving everything except the stack from the upages
> >to the proc table?
>
> not me.

I'd also like to implement a proper clone(2) ala Linux.  We have most of
the infrastructure in place already, using that and comparing with NetBSD's
take on the subject should be fairly useful in the end.  The main
difference between clone(2) and rfork(2) is that clone() takes a stack
argument and is more specific about certain sharing semantics. At present
these are emulated via flags added into rfork's visibility, I think it
would be cleaner to just use a proper syscall interface onto fork1() rather
than bend rfork(2) even more.

Cheers,
-Peter