Date:      Tue, 8 Dec 2009 19:20:04 GMT
From:      "Li-Lun \"Leland\" Wang" <llwang@infor.org>
To:        freebsd-python@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/140833: cannot install math/py-numpy (needed by  science/py-scipy)

The following reply was made to PR ports/140833; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Li-Lun \"Leland\" Wang" <llwang@infor.org>
To: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Cc: karsten@photor.de
Subject: Re: ports/140833: cannot install math/py-numpy (needed by
	science/py-scipy)
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 19:15:33 +0000

 Hello,

 In the last step of the log, it shouldn't have used cc but should use
 gfortran44 to link.  I happened to have a fresh install of a 8.0 box,
 and numpy installed fine, correctly using gfortran44 to link.  I'm not
 sure why it was using cc instead.  I'll try it again when I have time
 to update to my 7.x box.  In the mean time, can you make sure that the
 ports tree and everything that numpy depends on are update to date?
 Thanks.

 Sincerely,
 llwang