Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 1999 23:04:56 +0600 (ESS)
From:      Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@cgilh.chel.su>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Subject:   ppp vs. uucp

Hi, All.

well, subject makes no sense at all :-)
of course my internal modem at 2400 is too old, it even doesn't recognize
'BUSY' 9 times out of 10 :-(

but when I dial out with ppp, it DOESN'T HANG LINE if I run 'killall ppp'
(if an attempt failed and modem hadn't recognized BUSY)
ppp says something that ends with "errdead"

on the other hand it works with Taylor UUCP under the same circumstances.
I dialed out, modem hadn't recognize BUSY, I typed 'killall uucico' and IT
HANGED the line !!!

could it be just the same way with ppp ?

Regards, (Наилучшие пожелания)

 Ilia Chipitsine (Илья Шипицин)