Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 00:40:12 -0600 (CST)
From:      Haryadi Gunawi <haryadi@cs.wisc.edu>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: incorrect checksums with xl?

Hi,

Can someone help me point the source code where "the TCP/IP stack knows
that the NIC is going to insert the checksums"?

Is there anyway to disable checksum in the hardware so that
the checksum will be done in software or
to force the TCP/IP stack do the checksumming?

My current project is to measure the TCP/IP processing overhead, I want to
measure the performance with checksumming in the software.

I use FreeBSD 4.4.

thanks in advance
Haryadi

ps: I am not in the milis, so can you please cc me.