Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 1997 17:14:01 -0700
From:      bpekarsk@burr-brown.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   scsi tape errors

Would someone please give me some idea how to troubleshoot scsi problems?

The CD works fine but the tape drive errors as below, so I tend to suspect
the tape
driver rather than the scsi, but I am not too sharp on scsi, so need
guidance.

I though if I stuck with scsi, nothing could go wrong. Apparently that was
fuzzy thinking.
At work (SONY tape) everything works great. What can be different between
scsi tape devices?
Don't they all use the same (scsi) commands?

Thank you for any help.

---------------------- Forwarded by Bob Pekarske/Tuc/BB1 on 06/09/97 05:10

pekarske_bob@burr-brown.com on 06/04/97 12:39:06 AM

Please respond to pekarske_bob@burr-brown.com