Date:      Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:09:04 -0700
From:      Jeremy Bingham <jeremy@satanosphere.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   WL110 timeout w/ 5.1-RELEASE

--IiVenqGWf+H9Y6IX

I have a Compaq WL110 card that I'm trying to get to get running on a
FreeBSD 5.1 box. It inserts fine and is recognized by the computer, but if I
try to turn the interface on (i.e. 'ifconfig wi0 up'), it starts
printing out 'wi0: timeout in wi_cmd 0x0002; event status 0x8080' and
hangs until I take out the card. If I take the card out, it sputters a
bit about the busy bit not clearing, but eventually rights itself and
the computer starts working again.=20

My question is, what would the best way to fix this? I've tried to
upgrade the firmware, but I can't find anything that will let me. All
the updates I've found on the Compaq site are either just drivers &
utilites for Windows, or firmware updates that only work with iPaqs. The
more general firmware updaters won't recognize the card. Will upgrading
my system to -CURRENT help, or does the answer lie elsewhere?

Thanks,

-j

/* You are not expected to understand this. */

Captain_Tenille
http://www.satanosphere.com/
jeremy@satanosphere.com

--IiVenqGWf+H9Y6IX