Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 1995 00:08:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: sup is fetching whole src tree

> As Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:
> >
> > The international lines are (at least in the academic networks - WIN)
> > terribly slow these days. In addition to that it looks like
> > sup is fetching a whole src tree - my sup processes hang on fetching
> > the whole day and do not come to an end.
>
> remove all trailing white space?
>
> The CTM delta for the CVS tree for this "white space" action and
> the CVS tag was 2.5 MB.

Feel glad you are on CTM instead of sup.  For sup featchers of cvs
it meant a 130MB sup.  For suppers of /usr/src it meant 3993 files
or something close to that (*not* the whole 120MB of the source
tree).

I seem to recall Poul saying the ctm for src was 500K from me doing
the white space clean.  The cvs CTM delta was large due to the fact
that a cvs tag operation adds 1 line per tag to every file that was
tagged.