Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 20:00:27 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
To:        "Christopher T. Griffiths" <cgriffiths@quansoo.com>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mpd-netgraph buffer errors

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Christopher T. Griffiths wrote:

> I was having the same issue with mpd.  If anyone has a workaround please
> let me know.
>
> Same setup and situation as below.
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris
>
> On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Jim Durham wrote:
>
> > I am trying out mpd-netgraph for a pptp server on 4.1-RELEASE.
> >
> > On the first try, using my laptop here at work on the LAN, it
> > worked right away.
> >
> > Taking the laptop home for a "real test", I got the following
> > error messages from the mpd daemon, and it failed to work.
> >
> > [pptp] error writing len 27 frame to bypass: No buffer space available

I am e-mailing back and forth with Archie, the maintainer of the port,
and he says to ignore the error. It's not what's causing the problem
I my case, it involves going through address translation. If I connect
directly to the server on the inside NIC, it works with the same
config files. Coming in through the NATD bombs.

-Jim