Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 11:29:24 -0400
From:      John Turner <john@drexeltech.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Anyone have VXA tape drive experience on FreeBSD?

Hello -

I'm researching tape drives.  Does anyone have any experience with the
(relatively) new tape drives from Ecrix, using the VXA
format?  Specifically, are they any different (install/config-wise) from a
standard SCSI tape drive?  I read a review at unixreview.com that mentioned
something about modifying a conf file, but they weren't very specific.  The
company's FAQ only mentions Linux, though on a quick read it doesn't seem
like there would be any problems using it on a FreeBSD box.  Before I drop
the $1000 (+media) I'd like to know if there are any glitches or if anyone
experienced any grief getting the drive to work.

http://www.ecrix.com/index.html
http://www.ecrix.com/products/VXA-1-desc.html

Thanks in advance.

- John Turner