Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:35:22 -0400
From:      Eric Sproul <esproul@ntelos.net>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: stunnel/mysql question

faSty wrote:

> you need fix your hostname on MySQL under db table in mysql database.
>
> I.E.
>
> 1. mysql mysql
> 2. insert into db values(Host,User,Db)
> 3. values("hostname","username","snortdb");
> 4. flush privileges;
>
> very important you find correct hostname, you must find exactly hostname
> when you are on tunneled and once you find correct hostname to replace
> "hostname" in values's parameters. I assumed

In the user privilege table, which I assume you are referring to, I have
got both 127.0.0.1 and "localhost%" as potential access hosts for user
snortdb.  I figured having both the 127.0.0.1 and the localhost wildcard
would take care of everything.  Even if they don't, during my testing I
did a full "%" wildcard and it *still* didn't work.  That's why I
suspected stunnel "mangulation" because I believe I have eliminated host
access rules as the source of the problem.

Eric