Date:      Fri, 30 May 1997 22:27:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Audio devices

On Fri, 30 May 1997, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> Hi Chuck,
>
> Most likely the source of the problem is the dual dma implementation
> found in the sound driver 3.0 vs. sound driver 3.5.
>
> If he upgrades the sound driver and has problems then we can address
> the issue.
>
> As for the NAS configuration Stephe Hocking should step in and tell
> us the latest and greatest that he has done with the NAS configuration
> either that or Ted should post on the nas@ncd.com.

I figured I'd get the thing right first, then worry about Ted's
particular setup, which he already sent me.  Hmmm, I've been running
happily using the sound setup in -current, and the changes to NAS I
hacked in myself a few eons ago.  I just rebuilt NAS to test the build,
and it nicely scragged out my changes (I did it on purpose).  I have an
older, non-PNP Gus (1k) ... should I get your updated sound driver and
use that instead of what's in current for this?

Why's it not been folded into current?  Not enough feedback yet?  If
that's true, and if my non-PNP gus will do as a test, I'll do a test.  I
would like to do this with the idea that we're headed towards putting the
driver into current.  That fit into your plans ok?

If you're saying a bunch of yes's here, ok, what's the filename I gotta
pick up?

> 	Regards,
> 	Amancio

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |