Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:57:16 -0500
From:      Eric Crist <ecrist@secure-computing.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Fractal <kantor_mult@mail.ru>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and WinNT

On Monday 19 July 2004 09:27, Fractal wrote:
> I have a FreeBSD 4.8 and I need to install on the same machine
> WindowsNT-like operating system. I tried to do this and installed it. But
> after recovering of BSD bootstrap loader using sysinstall I found that I
> cannot load Windows. Namely, there was two question signs ('??') in the
> second string of BSD loader menu (the first was 'FreeBSD') and after
> selecting it by F3 my computer rebooted. Windows should run on NTFS
> partition, not FAT. Can I do something and if yes, what?

I've never installed FreeBSD _before_ Windows, but I have the other way
around.  The FreeBSD boot loader will recognize the Windows partitions and
setup correctly.  When I've done things the other way around, I have used
Partition Magic, and Boot Magic to get things working.

> Thank You.

You're Welcome.

--
Eric F Crist

Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry, and the world WILL turn.