Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 1999 23:30:54 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jesus.monroy@usa.net (Jesus Monroy)
Cc:        seth@freebie.dp.ny.frb.org, jesus.monroy@usa.net, tlambert@primenet.com, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Re: [Re: [Re: [Re: [Re: My FreeBSD Experience ]]]]]

>     I guess you want me to resort to that retarted'pr' system
>     for reporting bugs. Albeit the current defacto standard,
>     my posting was noted and correct by the documentation
>     team in less than 48hrs. Why so soon? Can't tell you,
>     ask them.

That's "retarded 'pr' system".  My guess as to the speed is that
it's a result of sending email instead of using the 'pr' system.

For what it's worth, I can't get the 'sendpr' stuff to work from
my freebsd box behind the corporate firewall because it's
apparently overly anal about reverse DNS.

>     Currently, errors in the documentation are constantly
>     creeping in because fixes (or changes) are made
>     to the base utility set, or the parts they
>     use (ie. command-line flags). This in turn does
>     not get commited to documentataion until the
>     documentation error is reported or the programmer
>     who may the (possible) error figures this out.
>
>     In any case, it's a real lack of communication
>     between the documentation team, the core team
>     or freebsd-hackers in general.
>
>     Where is the root of the problem? I don't know.
>     Can this be solved? I don't know.
>     Well this problem continue to manifest itself
>     at irregular times and without warning?
>     Yes, it's a real daemon.

It's possible to resolve.  The engineering technique is called
"literate programming".  There was apparently a nice talk about
it at Usenix, with someone building a kernel using the technique
to allow them to publish an example.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---