Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 20:49:49 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: newest bt848 driver

Hi,

---

you previously wrote:

>> (1) add the METEORSFMT/METEOR_FMT_PAL ioctl.  Can someone tell me
>> what the right value to use in "bt848->iform |= x" is?  x=2 or
>> x=3?  Presumably the other one is SECAM?

I mis-interpreted this to mean your tuner was a SECAM...  I'll change it.

---
>signature contents, 0x01 thru 0xff:
>
> 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 02 00 00 00
>

>i2c device found @
> 0x22  <- what is this?
 ^^^^  this is something unique we can key in on!  I suspect it will be
a Philips SAA524x teletext chip.

> 0xa0  <- this is the EEProm
> 0xc2  <- this is the PLL in the tuner.

Am I correct in assumming your card doesn't have dbx (stereo)?

If you would, please examine you card for the part #s on the ICs.
For a guide to what we already are aware of see:

http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/HomeAuto/WINCASTTV.html

---
>Your later message includes eeprom contents, but the program you mailed
>didn't determine that.

that comes from eeprom.c, I've placed both sign.c and eeprom.c on the webpage.

---
>Here's what I added to brooktree.c for PAL:

thanx, I think I have everything fixed, its been added to my current code
and on the webpage as:

http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/HomeAuto/files/bt848.970326b.tar.gz

--
Steve Passe	| powered by