Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 18:21:19 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Radu-Cristian FOTESCU <rfotescu@idsrom.com>
Cc:        "'Seth'" <seth@freebie.dp.ny.frb.org>, "'freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: What to tell to Linux-centric people?!

> Yeah, but this is NOT what I meant! Imagine that thousands of people are
> making, for their own use or not, thousands of free [well, GPLed] Linux
> apps. Why should I use Yahoo! to find that it *might* be on that world some
> app which could help me? Instead... I can go to linuxapps.com, take the

So create a freebsdapps.com which performs the same purpose and Be
Happy.  These sorts of mechanisms don't just appear magically all by
themselves and yelling at others to create them for you is not going
to work either.  If you want something done right you have to do it
yourself, as the old saying goes, so go for it.

> Yes, but things could me MUCH better! I just want the _regular_ daemon, at a
> greater size! Not the "new" daemons! The daemon from cdrom's cover, that is.

I'm not sure who, if anyone, has that image available but if it's
found I'm sure it will find its way to the advocacy web site.

- Jordan