Date:      Sun, 24 Apr 2005 00:52:49 +0200
From:      "S.L.L. Tan" <louistan@bigfoot.com>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Found a mistake

Hi, I found a mistake in the FreeBSD handbook. I intend to send you
other mistake I might find unless you tell me to stop.

In section 3.3.1 on this page:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/permissions.html
The last paragraph says:
"A comma separated list can be provided when more than one set of
changes to a file must be made. For example the following command will
remove the groups and ``world'' write permission on FILE, then it adds
the execute permissions for everyone:

% chmod go-w,a+x FILE
"

The command does not do what the text says. The text says "world" but the command is for "Other".
I suggest you change either one or the other.

Have fun with the mistake, wrestle it to the ground and make it submit.

Greets,

Louis Tan