Date:      Mon, 11 Aug 1997 10:25:47 -0500
From:      sfuqua@fuquasc.wab.wku.edu
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kaffe and login.conf

I've been uninstalling and installing the latest cdrom freebsd 2.2.2
and 3.0 several times on the same machine recently -- a cyrix 486-66
with 16M.  To avoid the error messages from the missing login.conf on
2.2.2, I've been using the login.conf file from 3.0 on the 2.2.2
machine.

The login.conf file from the cdrom 3.0 causes kaffe to die and dump
core with a message about the "heapsize not set", or something of that
nature, on both the 3.0 and 2.2.2.  I have the LD_LIBRARY_PATH set, as
mentioned in bug 3383, and the kaffe works fine on 2.2.2 if I remove
the login.conf file from /etc.  I haven't had a chance to see if
removing login.conf will let kaffe work on 3.0.  Have I missed a
parameter I need to set in login.conf in order to run kaffe?

steve fuqua