Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2006 22:53:53 -0700
From:      soralx@cydem.org
To:        Undisclosed.Recipients: ;
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iwi: 'no carrier'

> > had anyone ever encounterd a problem with Intel 2200BG wireless card,
> > when the iwi driver seems to work normaly, but in reality it never
> > associates with an access point (i.e., 'no carrier' no matter what)?
> > the driver and firmware were all installed from ports, on 6.2-BETA2
>
> Here's how I got mine working.  I have my wap configured to use tkip.  You
> [...]
> When the machine boots, it will show my iwi0 interface status as
> "associated" by the time I log in a look at it with ifconfig.  Then I just
> run:
> [...]

Well, this was a quite useful how-to on configuring a working card, but
it doesn't apply in my case :P  My adapter sees no access points at all
(`ifconfig iwi0 list scan` returns nothing), so it can't associate no
matter what the settings are, and ifconfig always shows it's status
as 'no carrier'. I tried configuring an IP# & netmask and then starting
dhclient, but observed no diefference.
BTW, why did you need to disable the built-in NIC?

[SorAlx]  ridin' VN1500-B2