Date:      Sun, 25 Jan 1998 10:42:36 -0500
From:      Geoff Marshall <intersoft@onyx.kachinatech.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Installing via PPP

Your Web site makes a BIG THING about 'Installing via PPP' being simple, but after 5 hrs of frustration I think you should simply quit on this one and tell yr potential new users to get a CD-ROM version and not even think of using PPP.

Thought I'd got it right but all I could ever get from the PPP routine was

warning can't create /var/run/tun0.pid

and when I entered '?' for help the procedure hangs !

Back to yr WEB SITE for help to find very precise instructions on how to cure the problem
AFTER COMPLETING INSTALLATION !

Any suggestions ?
Or should I quit now with a bad taste and go back to Windows and C++, where the OS may not be very clever but it IS user friendly, OR maybe LINUX does a better job.

Geoff Marshall