Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2012 15:45:47 -0400
From:      Super Bisquit <superbisquit@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, powerpc@freebsd.org
Subject:   ELF header adjusting

"Okay, what in the hell is he trying to do now?"
The answer to your question is:
I've looked at the header file for the bin/java and bin/java_vm in the ibm
powerpc java binaries. There is a reference to /lib/ld.so.1 in a Linux
installation which is very similar to /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 in a FreeBSD
installation.

chipchop# pwd
/tmp/install.dir.53010/Linux/resource/jre/bin
chipchop# ls
ControlPanel    ikeyman        java_vm        jcontrol    keytool
ktab        rmid        unpack200
classic        j9vm        javaw        jdmpview    kinit        pack200
    rmiregistry
ikeycmd        java        javaws        jextract    klist
policytool    tnameserv
chipchop# elfedit --input-osabi=FreeBSD --output-osabi=FreeBSD java
elfedit: Error: java: Unmatched EI_OSABI: 0 is not 9
chipchop# elfedit --input-osabi=FreeBSD --output-osabi=FreeBSD java_vm
elfedit: Error: java_vm: Unmatched EI_OSABI: 0 is not 9
chipchop# elfedit  --output-osabi=FreeBSD java_vm
chipchop# elfedit --output-osabi=FreeBSD java
chipchop#

If in doubt about my finding for similarities between /lib/ld.so.1 and
/usr/lbexec/ld-elf.so.1 then open the former with nano orvi and the latter
with vi to see the headers.