Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2001 00:57:40 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>, John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>, Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Style Wars

In message <3BD5100A.2D09B278@elischer.org> Julian Elischer writes:
:      When declaring variables in structures, declare them sorted by use, then
:      by size, and then by alphabetical order.  The first category normally
:      doesn't apply, but there are exceptions.  Try to make the structure
:      readable by aligning the variable names using either one or two tabs
:      depending upon your judgement. Names following extremely long types
:      should be separated by a simple space. i.e. use int^I^Ix; and
:      struct foo^I*x; and struct verylongtypename *bar;
:
:
: This approximates 1b).
:
: If I don't hear a large outcry (it was a loud 'yes' last time but I didn't
: see an agreement that it should be done) then I'd like to make that change.

That was the approximate consensus that we had.  I think as such, it
should be committed w/o revisting the discussion :-)

Warner