Date:      Sun, 09 Mar 1997 13:50:04 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone on the list who can check-in the bt848 driver?

Hi,

> We should discuss with Jim Lowe and Mark Tinguely about divorcing
> the meteor ioctl structure from the BT848 . However if we do decide
> to divorce the two of then I strongly suggest that we start thinking
> about a video graphic library api and its respective implementation.

that was a rather brash comment on my part, after a little thought I
realized that there must be applications that can use either card
for their hardware component.  So we don't want to force
them to change any code (except perhaps the open call, meteor vs bt).

Long term we do need to think about an api.  for now I will minimize
my additions to ioctl_meteor.h, and demarcate them clearly
with a #define.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            SMP FreeBSD