Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 2002 22:09:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pccard lockups?

Not sure if my previous e-mail "made it out"....

I'm having problems with pccard using FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE on
a Sony VAIO F480 (an older one.)

It seems that if the ethernet card is inserted in a slot -
pcic0 gets the right interrupt to notice that a card is there,
and then pccardd matches the card up with the database fine.

Then... we start to get the ethernet information, etc...
and the machine hangs solidly.  Can't switch consoles,
no response to anything at all.

But - if I remove the card - *poof* - the message about
what the network card's ethernet address appears, and suddenly
the machine is up-and-running again.

I tried the suggestion that helps some of the users of new
VAIO laptops - regarding setting hw.pcic, etc...  but that
resulted in not being able to boot the machine at all.

Any suggestions would be *most* welcome!

	- Thanks! -
      - Dave Rivers -

--
rivers@dignus.com                        Work: (919) 676-0847