Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2006 07:08:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "R. B. Riddick" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
To:        Alexandre Biancalana <biancalana@gmail.com>, freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: geom_stripe error

--- Alexandre Biancalana <biancalana@gmail.com> wrote:
> g_vfs_done():stripe/data[READ(offset=158778490880, length=16384)]error = 6
>
>  Any idea on how can I know what disk is causing the problem ??

Hi!

According to the offset there are a bunch of read errors (6 might be "device
not configured") on some disks in gstripe. E.g.:
157622337536/131072 appr. 1202563
1202563 is congruent with 3 (modulo 32).
158778490880/131072 appr. 1211383
1211383 % 32 = 23
(but maybe I dont understand the gstripe algorithm correctly)

I would try it with a different configuration:
gstripe(4 * 200GB, gconcat(3 * 73GB))
or
gconcat(gstripe(4 * 200GB), gstripe(4 * 73GB))
That should be easier and give u the same or about the same capacity...

Of course that does not repair the problem, that causes your strange
panics/reboots...

I use gstripe with 2 partitions (on ad1s1 and ad0s1) and I dont think, that I
had a gstripe related panic...

Bye
Arne