Date:      Tue, 25 Oct 2011 22:46:55 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
Cc:        Johan Hendriks <joh.hendriks@gmail.com>, timp <timp87@gmail.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: From 8-stable to 9.0 RC1 iscsi panic

On 25/10/2011, at 22:32, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
>=20
>> Well i did use the single user mode !
>> And the safe mode !
>> But they all gave me that error.
>> So the did load the loader.conf file.
>=20
> I think modules are loaded before displaying boot menu, where you can =
choose to boot in to single user mode.
> But you can enter the boot loader prompt, where you can unload already =
loaded modules or load new modules by its name, so you don't need to =
edit loader.conf for one time boot option.

They aren't loaded before displaying the menu, but the list of modules =
to load is worked out then.

If you want to boot without loading the modules listed in loader.conf =
you need to break into the loader and type..
unload
boot -s
(or whatever options you want)

are so many of them to choose from."