Date:      Wed, 5 Dec 2012 02:07:06 +1100
From:      Martin <martin.kelly4000@gmail.com>
To:        John Marino <netbsd@marino.st>
Cc:        users@dragonflybsd.org, misc@openbsd.org, netbsd-users@netbsd.org, Aleksej Saushev <asau@inbox.ru>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Unified BSD?
References:  <CAOc%2B9seWtWaw=bx%2BKwjKXjULArijgcvbDR1gi_J%2BSQkFfsHTCA@mail.gmail.com> <CAHKF-AuR4mU_CYj%2BD0nTe=hsja7MGemvx%2BSDi-692n5d0Tau4Q@mail.gmail.com> <1352882728.28075.140661153435965.302F0E4C@webmail.messagingengine.com> <CALHSF8v8juYAXdinL9tVzz98aJP2TZgOsuAQr4bWkaBm0TCMnQ@mail.gmail.com> <87a9tw5qju.fsf@inbox.ru> <CALHSF8tZAcNAmNyFbrUhAHNKCzGnescpasjAUmkXfmD1djyq9Q@mail.gmail.com> <CALHSF8sLQvuROh_4Hsi2FKyEuRmg8Jv_u-X_rSRWD6h5MiaOLA@mail.gmail.com> <87wqwyuyxb.fsf@inbox.ru> <50BDAE0C.90303@marino.st> <CALHSF8vAJ=PUC_a9UXwQR5qWN7KeZwiGWQXqoCsJAOQeu%2BO8sg@mail.gmail.com>

Sorry forget that last message.

GNOME was a bad example, but you did in essence you clarify my point. That
FreeBSD or whichever one you talk about may or may not be using a different
pkgsrc branch.

I didn't call any components standardized, i said even if you *were* to
standardize certain components for all BSDs (related to package management/
source) you still would have to get around the fact that each of them may
use a different pkgsrc branch.

Otherwise you wouldn't have the current differences in software
compatibility where FreeBSD has what (28000 packages?) and NetBSD has
(15000?)