Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 2015 02:17:20 +1100 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Mark Felder <feld@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: preferred jail management tool

On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 09:34:29 -0600, Mark Felder wrote:
 > On Sat, Jan 24, 2015, at 09:16, Ian Smith wrote:
 > > Excuse top-post, but the gmail header on this message was (surprisingly)
 > > insufficiently anonymised to disguise its origin:
 > >

 > That could very well be Joe Barbish. It could also be someone in the
 > same city who uses FreeBSD and likes qjails. Either way, I'm not sure
 > how calling him out for advertising his own work adds any meaningful
 > value to this discussion. And even if he is pushing his product it's not
 > like he's misleading you about the current functional differences
 > between qjail and ezjail...

Fair enough, you're a stickler for evidence; I'm one for probity, and
tend to decry attempts to advance one's cause by belittlement of others,
so yes, I wasn't referring to purely technical aspects.

 > I understand there is bad blood from the forking of ezjail and lack of
 > attribution (which I didn't care to involve myself in), but let's move
 > on. It will either stand on its own merits or it will go the way of the
 > dinosaurs... No point in making our community look so hostile.

So I got a brickbat on-list and a surprise bouquet off-list, both from
people I respect; also fair enough.

But I won't cop that I was purporting to speak for the community.  Like
everybody else - short of official announcements, security advisories
and the like - I speak only for myself, no such disclaimer required.

 > Thanks for your detailed review, Ernie.

cheers, Ian