Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:39:56 -0200
From:      "Bernardo M. Brummer" <bbrummer@solar.com.br>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "John Bleichert" <syborg@stny.rr.com>
Subject:   Re: XFree86 Problem:  Cannot Disable Virtual Desktop

It's a little tricky, but I did it this way:

used the graphic xf86cfg (or something like that), there I went to video
modes, it opens quite a big chart where you can find depth and video modes
options. A few tries and I got 1150x980 (or something like) with 15bits,
which I liked better than 1280x1024 and 1024x768 in my 17´ screen, with an
ATI Rage 32MB.

There must be a better way, but this worked for me.

Good luck,

Bernardo