Date:      Thu, 04 May 2000 19:54:36 -0400
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Viral scanning

Can someone recommend a program/system for active content screening
(primarily for antiviral purposes) that can be utilized in conjunction with
an MTA like sendmail (for FreeBSD, of course).

I took a look at F-Secure's web page, and found reference to a product they
have, that works only with "CVP-compliant" firewalls:

OPSEC Certified for Seamless integration with Check Point's FireWall-1 and
other CVP-compliant firewalls achieved by Content Vectoring Protocol (CVP).
Centralized policy based management enables administration and monitoring.

Today's incident with the I LOVE YOU virus and the look-a-like "re: Joke"
really set the ground for the necessity for these types of tools.   We of
course can block stuff based upon header content in the MTA, but I'm
looking for a bit more.   For example, it would be nice to specify certain
rules that apply to messages with attachments, etc. etc.

Any suggestions, pointers, etc., would be appreciated.

TIA.