From:      Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   HELP!!!!!!  qmail isn't running and I have NO SMTP deamon  running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have installed the qmail port, followed the steps to remove sendmail
and followed the install instructions, then reboot.  While reading the
TEST.deliever it said that you could do a ps aux | grep qmail and it
should be running, but it isn't.  The test in TEST.receive did NOT
work.  I am unable to send mail from the machine and unable to send mail
to the machine.  I modifed the inetd.conf the way INSTALL step 16 told
me to.  I do NOT understand step 14, it refers to a file /var/qmail/rc,
but there is no such file on my machine.

What am I missing?  Any thoughts on why things are not working?

--
Sam Carleton
Please stop by http://www.maineville.net and