Date:      Fri, 16 Nov 2012 18:21:58 +0100
From:      Niclas Zeising <zeising@freebsd.org>
To:        Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Request for Review: pkgng documentation for the Handbook

On 11/16/12 18:14, Glen Barber wrote:

>> 5.5.3.4 - is "pkg audit -F" required to update the audit database as
>> well or it only needed the first time?
>
> It is needed to fetch a fresh database, otherwise the local audit file
> will be used.  I'll update this to note to use '-F'.

Completely off topic, but... Has the periodic script for checking
security issues in ports been updated to do this?  Is there any simple
way to detect if pkgng is in use from a shell script and if that's the
case, run this rather than portaudit.  From my understanding of things,
portaudit is not supported (or perhaps not needed) when using pkgng.
Regards!
--
Niclas Zeising