Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 20:36:56 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Back to school

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Mark Ovens wrote:

>OK, such research could be done on the Internet, but telephone charges
>could make this prohibitive, especially for schools. I rather hope
>that with the increased acceptance of Linux in the mainstream we may
>see Linux versions of such software available in the not too distant
>future. Then I can get rid of 95.

I think that free software can make this happen. Of course, it would be
really nice if the folks at Apple who like our code so much would build a
BSD version of Quicktime.

Most of these programs are just collections of standard format clips,
pics, and some formatting. All most all of them are built with multimedia
toolkits like QuickTime or Director.

Tools for unix to display the data formats exists. If there were a
quicktime or director clone, then the data on the CD could be read and
displayed as it would be on a PC.

Catchya Later,		|	Give me UNIX or give me a typewriter.
Jason Wells		|	http://www.freebsd.org/