Date:      Sat, 25 May 2024 09:15:25 -0700
From:      bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
To:        Ronald Klop <ronald-lists@klop.ws>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Git dumping core running fsck --full

On Sat, May 25, 2024 at 09:34:22AM +0200, Ronald Klop wrote:
> In your previous mail about git problems on this(?) rpi2 you had a conflict of installed packages. Some of these packages seemed to be from last year mixed with packages from now.
> Did you resolve that?

To my best recollection, yes. There were two batches of trouble,
one with git and one with fsck. Since that time both have been
working normally. The fsck problem was not self-inflicted, but
the git problems were, to at least some extent.

This particular problem, the fsck subcommand to git, seems new.
For some reason, it's seen only with armv7 stable/14. An armv7
Pi2 running -current has other problems, but git hasn't been
one of them yet. I just noticed that git 2.41 is installed, but
ports contains git 2.43, so I'll try to build and install that.

Thanks for writing!

bob prohaska