Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:04:33 -0500
From:      "Adam Maas" <mykroft@explosive.mail.net>
To:        "Mike Harding" <mvh@ix.netcom.com>, <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Motherboard recommendation?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Harding" <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
To: <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 12:00 PM
Subject: Motherboard recommendation?

> I am retiring my A7V133 because of consistent IDE corruption (I am
> currently running PIO 4).  Can anyone make a quick recommendation of a
> motherboard that they are happy with?  I am looking at
>
> Asus A7N8x (Athlon)
> Epox RDA+ (Athlon)
> Asus P4PE (P4)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mike H.

There are some issues with support for the NVidia and SiS based
motherboards, the Sound and NIC support is iffy. If you don't mind some
tweaking t get the NIC to work, and getting a real soundcard, go for the
A7N8X, otherwise go for a good i845 based P4 board, with real video (The
only issue with intel based boards is the horrific video support.)

Adam