Date:      Sat, 17 Jul 1999 18:49:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Preston Vega <bugo@orbit.zepa.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   LinkSys+Toshiba problems

I have a Toshiba 4015CDS laptop with a Linksys EtherFast pcmcia ethernet
and Im having the following problems:

1. I have two slots. I must re-insert a card on another slot if I remove
the card for the daemon to recognize that a card has been removed and
inserted. After a while, this becomes cumbersome.

2. The daemon tells me "No card in database for "Linksys"("EtherFast
10/100 PC Card (PCM")" even though it IS in pccard.conf.

3. I have a 3com Megahertz 33.6 and a 56k modem that dont work either.

I did a 3.2-Release ppp install using he PAO install flop.

I know the hardawre is working since I've installed OpenBSD and everything
worked without trouble. If anyone could throw ideas at me or hints it
would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Cheers,
BUGO Founder

BSD Users Group of Orlando: http://bugo.zepa.net
---
"Linux is something for Windows haters, BSD is something for Unix lovers"
(Heike S., Febr. 98)
"Beneath revolution (Linux) there's also evolution (*BSD)"
(Andre Oppermann, Apr. 98)
"I view Linux as something that's not Microsoft-a backlash against
Microsoft, no more and no less."
(Ken Thompson, 99)