Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 15:42:05 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Eric Withabee <ericwithabee@hotmail.com>
Cc:        wabit@adl.ussr.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Network interface hanging on 3.3-RELEASE system

Eric Withabee wrote:

> Hi James.
>

> >I had this problem when my CPU fan was buggered, might be worth looking at
> >that?
> >

> Thanks very much for the input, but there's an 80mm fan blowing directly on
> the CPU's heat sink from about an inch away.  (The CPU was originally in a
> Dell system, and doesn't have a fan integrated into the heat sink.)

Just remember that there is a dead air space where the fan hub is.

A lot of those heat sinks can have a 50mm x 50mm fan added. You just
have to be careful that the screws aren't too large for it. I had a
fan die and replaced the fan since the heat sink was firmly stuck to
the cpu. There was an ordinary heatsink under the fan. The screws
depended on pressure from the heat sink material to keep it in place.

Kent

> Eric

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

SETI(Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) @ HOME
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Hunting Archibald Stewart, b 1802 in Ballymena, Antrim Co., NIR
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/genealogy/archibald_stewart.html