Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 1999 23:12:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Jeremy Lea <reg@shale.csir.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RFC: USE_GTK and USE_GNOME rules for bsd.port.mk

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Jeremy Lea wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get some feedback from the ports list about the following
> patch, which adds USE_GLIB, USE_GTK, USE_IMLIB and USE_GNOME to
> <bsd.port.mk>.
>
> Although this affects about 130 ports (I've got patches for most of
> them), I think the only controversial thing is the setting of --datadir
> in USE_GNOME.
>
> If people don't comment I'll send-pr it.

Comment ... this means that every time the version number of gtk and glib
changes, bsd.port.mk (which only Satoshi should modify) must be changed.
I don't think we weave the version number into bsd.port.mk anywhere else,
do we?

This further supposes that the build form for these ports won't change.
That hasn't been a really safe bet, either.  I think if Satoshi wants the
extra work, tho ...

Chuck Robey                | Interests include C programming, Electronics,
213 Lakeside Dr. Apt. T-1  | communications, and signal processing.
Greenbelt, MD 20770        | I run picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD-current(i386) and
(301) 220-2114             |       jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD-current(Alpha)