Date:      Fri, 03 Apr 1998 21:40:53 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        nbales@globalsite.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: installing and configuring, help!

Hmm...

Which manual said that? - I'm not familiar with it... You probably won't be
able to move the /var directory - certainly not on a system that's not
running single user (at the 'boot:' prompt put '-s' then hit enter)...

Even if the system is running multi-user - you might run into problems later
with a moved 'var' directory...

Shot in the dark: It didn't mention anything about 'linking' the /var
directory to '/usr/var' or anything?

I've not heard of doing this before...

Regards,

Karl